If you have not heard, BTS has joined forces with UNICEF in LOVE MYSELF Campaign and sponsor UNICEF’s global campaign #ENDviolence.
What is the #Endviolence campaign?
The #Endviolence campaign was created to bring awareness and action to domestic violence against children all around the world. Domestic violence against children ranges from physical, emotional, and sexual abuse. There are more than 600 million children around the world are affected by some form of domestic violence.
What is the Love Myself campaign?
The Love Myself Campaign was created BTS to raise funds to protect and support children who have been victims of any form of domestic violence.BTS has committed two years to raise funds for LOVE MYSELF fund that will help provide help and education against domestic violence against children around the world.
Why You Should Support LOVE MYSELF and #ENDViolence campaigns.
I have been a fan of BTS’ music since I discovered them and even more about their message to fans. I appreciate they are bringing awareness and educating people about a serious issue that affects millions of children. I want to also let you guys know some facts about violence against children according to the UNICEF website, DoSomething, and CDV.
- Every five minutes a child dies from violence every day.
- Each year over three million children experience bullying.
- Children who have experienced some form of domestic violence are six times more likely to commit suicide in their lifetime.
- Victims are 50% more likely to abuse drugs or alcohol when they get older.
- More than 70% of children are likely to commit a form of domestic violence to others later in life
- 15 million teenage girls have experienced forced sexual actions at some time between the ages of 15 and 19 years old.
- Nine out ten times those girls are sexually assaulted by someone they know.
- By 2030 two million children will be killed by an act of violence according to UNICEF.