HAIM is proving why they are the iconic girl trio.
Earlier this month on July 7th to be exact HAIM blessed us with their second album Something To Tell You. This album was one of the albums that I never thought I need, but now I require to function properly. It’s equal to not knowing how good avocados are then finally having one and now not being able to live without eating one each day.
Something to appreciate from Something To Tell You is its similar sound to their first album called Days Are Gone. I appreciate the fact that they did not change their entire style from their original album like some bands that do. I fell in love with HAIM’s unique sound and melodies. That is what keeps me coming back for more.
Something To Tell You is that able you listen to when you still have feelings for a past lover. This album takes you on the rollercoaster ride of feels. Something To You start off you with wanting to return to your past love and ends with you finally realizing it is better to say goodbye.
Overall I would give Something To Tell You a four and a half stars out five stars.
As I had mentioned, I had not been expecting this album, but I am sure glad to have it. Something To Tell You makes me feel like I want to get back with the ex I never had. I adore the vibe this album gives. You can hear HAIM’s classic rock-n-roll inspirations that you do not hear in mainstream music. Not to mention their vocals are killer.
I could picture myself with cool vintage clothing at a local coffee shop bopping my head to this album. The only thing I dislike is the fact that I do not live anywhere near where they are touring and the fact I did not see them when they were touring with Taylor Swift. My favorite songs from this album have to be “Little of Your Love,” “Want You Back,” “Walking Away,” and “Something To Tell You.” However, this will probably change over my emotions.
Bonus my favorite lyrics from each song from Something To Tell You.
- Want You Back- “I’ll give you all the love I never gave before I left you.”
- Nothing’s Wrong- “Heartbreak by design.”
- Little of Your Love – “You gotta give me just a little of your love, baby. And I’ll try.”
- Ready For You- “Maybe you played way too hard to get. So I kept it moving to another one night stand.”
- Something to Tell You – “Because I know if I tell you that everything’s alright. Oh, we could stay at this moment, I’d never say goodbye.”
- You Never Knew – “Was my love too much for you to take? I guess you never knew what was good for you.”
- Kept Me Crying – “Kept me crying for so long, my tears have dried.”
- Found It In Silence – “Something else on your mind all this time. I was right, wasn’t I?”
- Walking Away – “I know you did it so many times before. But I never thought I’d be the one you’d betray.”
- Right Now – “You left me searching for a reason. Why’d you leave? Left me in the dust.”
- Night So Long – “And I say goodbye to love once more.”